This toolkit is designed to help community and healthcare organizations, with or without designated security personnel, establish an effective security program. It aims to increase awareness and understanding of security program functions, program elements, and training requirements, many of which are based on best practices and industry-accepted standards.
The toolkit provides sample tools to identify security program gaps and to develop a comprehensive and customized action plan.
The toolkit includes eight (8) tools that can help you develop and implement an effective security program. (The toolkit is not intended to address the security of digital or personal health information or make recommendations regarding staffing levels).
- Appendix A Security Program Self Assessment Checklist and Action Plan
- Appendix B Sample Corporate Security Policy Template
- Appendix C Sample List of Security Related Policies and Procedures
- Appendix D Workplace Security Fast Fact Awareness Tool
- Appendix E Sample Security Training Topics for Managers and Supervisors
- Appendix F Security Guard Training Duration and Providers
- Appendix G Security Guard Training Program Components
- Appendix H Sample Security Guard Training Checklist for Healthcare Institutions
Security Program as Part of a Workplace Violence Prevention: A Security Toolkit for Community and Healthcare Organizations
Visit pshsa.ca for training such as this recorded webinar that will provide insight into security requirements and provide an overview of the newly developed Security Toolkit. The webinar focus will help organizations, with or without designated security personal establish an effective security program.